Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Jawbone UP24

I've always been a gadget geek.  I love my electronics and I really like them when they do what they were meant to do.

I got the Jawbone UP for Christmas, and have been wearing it everyday for a month, and I freaking LOVE it!!!  It's genius.  I like the way it looks, it's comfortable, it doesn't bug me at all, and it's red and it counts my steps, caloric burn and tracks my sleep and how well I've slept or didn't sleep on a handy dandy pretty app on my iPhone.  How it knows if I was in a deep sleep or not creeps me out a little but it's good information.

Everyday, I set my goal for 11,000 steps, and all but 4 days I missed and those 4 days, I missed by a lot of steps.  One of those days I forgot to put the Jawbone on after my shower.  There were a few days that I was short about 1000 steps at night before bed, and I was determined to hit my goal, so I went and walked the dogs around the block just to hit the mark.

On my running days, I almost double my steps.   I hit about 15,000 to 18,000 steps.  It's amazing that 20-45 minutes of walking or running pretty much guarantees I'm going to hit the goal.  So basically if I do 20 minutes of moving a day, I'm going to hit the goal.

So I've come a bit obsessed with making sure I get the steps done every day.  I'm logging calories and activity, I'm down 6 lbs. for the month, and that was the goal, to lose weight, and be fit.

The gadget is doing it's thing.  It is working.  It's making me move, it's making me watch what I eat, it's making me accountable.  And it's funny, when I see the numbers, I want to eat better, I want to move more, the more I move, the more I see results, and that is a good thing!

If you're looking for something to help you be accountable, the app, the device, and the results are awesome, easy to set up, and will help you achieve your goals.  It won't achieve your goals, you of course will have to do the work, but it is a tool that changes my mind, as I see the progress everyday, and my work is recorded, and then results happen.   Just get one, you won't be sorry.

Rebecca



No comments:

Post a Comment