Monday, November 21, 2011

Injured

So the 2nd week into my 1/2 marathon training, I have an injury.  Last Monday night after a 3 mile run with my kids in their stroller, I woke up with a horrible pain in my right hip.  After a trip to the doc he wants me to not to run for another week.  So I will not be doing the Turkey Trot, which bums me out.  I will go and do the walk, I just won't run, it was going to be my first 10K.

I have not been plagued with an athletic injury before, the pain was crazy.  But as a mom, I'm so used to pushing through the pain.  I mean be real, who is going to let a mom just sit and stay off her feet for a week, with 2 toddlers, and a non present husband because he is a workaholic??? 

But I'm going to do some yoga, some stretching, a bike ride planned for the week, and of course the Turkey Trot. 

I am serious

No comments:

Post a Comment