Friday, September 2, 2011

The Warriors I admire and follow

I am having a little kumbaya moment here, so you'll have to bear with me.  Over the past 6 months since I started the blog, trying to utilize my time while I am held hostage in my house because of my kids therapy schedule.  I have hooked up with amazing moms and women in different areas that are making me become a better mom and person.

Through facebook an ASD moms group near where I live in So Cal that is the most rocking amazing group of mommies I have ever encountered.  You all teach me daily how to walk this maze of autism and the life that comes with it with way more dignity and grace than I would ever be able to muster alone.   On some days I'm sure I would be huddled in my bathtub crying drinking margaritas if you all couldn't talk me off the "cliff".   And for you all I thank you, my kids thank you, and I am truly a better mom and person for knowing you.  You all so impress me and make me strive to be a better mommy to my kids because I see what good and special mommies you are to our "special" kids.  ASD, and A.F.S.A YOU ARE AMAZING AND GOD BLESSED ME WHEN HE PUT YOU IN MY LIFE.

Through blogging and reading blogs and twitter I also found this influential and motivating group of people that have helped me on this journey of fitness.   I honestly don't know how that works, because I feel the compulsive need to be accountable to basically a group of strangers, and in 6 months it's helped me drop about 50lbs.  I post my workouts, I read your blogs and troll your sites and twitter feeds for tips and holy shit balls I even follow some of the direction.  So @Unnaturalmother, @bookieboo, @roninoon, @fitmomcolorado, @mrsfatass, and a whole slew of others.  Thanks for taking the 50 lbs from me, thank you for making me run races, and try things in my life I never would have seen myself doing.  Running a 1/2 marathon are you serious???? That is what skinny bitches do, not chubettes like me.  So I thank you again for giving me the boost that I needed to find a love for my health that helps me be a better wife, and mommy to my special boys.

So to all you warrior moms out there who labor every day to be the best mommies we can be through either a healthy lifestyle or just holding each other up because autism tries to tear us down, have a Happy Labor Day.

Rebecca





2 comments:

  1. Aww thanks my friend! I'm so thankful that I met you. Your strength gives me strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thank YOU for doing the exact same. I love our community. We'' make it through together.

    ReplyDelete