Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sunday Morning Snuggle

Okay,  I was all amped and had my clothes out and was going to head over the the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.  Franklin was still up at midnight and I drank coffee at a party we went to and couldn't sleep.  My alarm went off at 5am, and I thougth I hit the snooze, and apparently shut it off.  Woke at 7:45,  and the race had already started and I was a good 30 minute drive and 30 minutes to find parking away from it.

So I felt horrible.  I paid my money and missed the race.  I will run later today.  But tell me how could I have been expected to leave this in the dark so early this morning.  The snuggles that I appreciate as a mommy now because I know one day they won't want to snuggle their mommy like they do now as toddlers.

So as guilty as I felt to miss the race, was as great as I felt to be a mommy and snuggle with the boys.  I ate a cake pop for breakfast, so I will run to get it off, and laugh at my imperfections as a runner and athlete.


Rebecca

1 comment:

  1. It happens. I've completely missed my alarm a couple times for events I was supposed to be at too. Glad to know I'm not alone in that :)
    Saying hi from BloggyMoms!

    ReplyDelete